Seismic Trace Interpolation using Weighted L1 Minimization
This application is available only in the software release for members of SINBAD consortium.
This software release includes a demonstration of the wavefield reconstruction framework in Matlab that has been developed at SLIM.
Author: Hassan Mansour
Date : April, 2013
Downloading & Dependencies
The code can be found in the SLIM sofware release under /applications/Processing/WeightedL1Interpolation.
The code has been tested with Matlab R2012b.
This code uses the following packages, also found in the tools part of the SLIM software release.
- utilities/SPOT - object oriented framework for matrix-free linear algebra.
- algorithms/AdaptiveSparseRecovery - weighted L1 minimization algorithm.
- operators/misc - Misc. operators such as source-receiver to midpoint-offset conversion.
- functions/misc - Misc. functions.
- solvers/SPGL1-SLIM - The spgl1-slim weighted L1 minimization solver.
- transforms/CurveLab-2.1.2-SLIM - curvelet transform functions.
Running & Parallelism
All the examples and results are produced by the scripts found in this software release under applications/Processing/WeightedL1Interpolation/. Start matlab from that directory or run startup in that directory to add the appropriate paths.
To run the scripts follow the instructions in the README file enclosed with the code. The scripts can be run in serial mode.
Scripts, examples and results
Several scripts that reproduce the interpolation results in  can be found in the exps directory.
- wL1_freq_SR - runs the reconstruction across frequency sclies in the source-receiver domain.
- wL1_freq_MH - runs the reconstruction across frequency sclies in the midpoint-offset domain.
- wL1_offset_TM - runs the reconstruction across offset sclies in the time-midpoint domain.
More detailed descriptions and some basic tests are described in wL1_freq_MH.m and wL1min.m.
 H. Mansour, F. Herrmann, and O. Yilmaz. Improved wavefield reconstruction from randomized sampling via weighted one-norm minimization. submitted to Geophysics, 2013.